Sunday, May 25, 2014

Learning While Traveling

I have less than 2 weeks of school to go so I am really thinking about summer vacation!  Although I do not have any children of my own, I was blessed as a child to travel extensively with my parents and sister.  My parents really saw it as an opportunity for learning.

I recently had two students in my class who took a week off of school to travel, so I made a travel & learning journal for them to take with them.  This product can be sent with them to enrich their learning experience while on their trip whether it be during the school year, or during the summer vacation.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Travel-Learning-Journal-1188303


Components:
-detailed directions for parents
-travel planner
-writing (informational, narrative, and opinion including multiple reviews)
-timeline
-souvenir spending (money)
-maps
-space to glue ticket stubs, etc.
-spaces to glue pictures
-plus a few more pages

All of the pages are unique and not numbered so you can choose which ones (if not all) to use for each student, as well as if you want them to complete multiple reviews or have a lengthier story.

You can see a video about how another teacher used it with her children here: http://homeschool.rebeccareid.com/2014/05/22/virtual-trip-nicaragua/ 

I am excited to offer this product + a $10 credit to my TPT store!  Good luck!  :)

a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. I think we'd choose to go to London to see my sister and her family! Thanks for offering the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love London too! I studied abroad there when I was in college :)

      Delete