Sunday, March 30, 2014

March Mystery Reader and Reading Bracket

I love all of the special things that come with March is Reading Month!  For the past few years I have invited "mystery readers" to come and read to the class.  I invited parents to either volunteer themselves, or if they have another relative or close friend they could come in too.

I had a mom come in this week, and the kids really enjoyed it!  She even brought in a special snack!

Thanks to this pin on Pinterest, I modified it for our classroom:)  We also chose our favorite class book that I have read to them so far this year.  I told my students that I would take the first 8 read aloud books to start our bracket.  We started with:
The first round was hard for them to vote as Mrs. Piggle Wiggle and Sideways Stories from Wayside School were up against each other!  The students really enjoyed this.  I must say, I was a little surprised by the end result as I predicted that Sideways Stories from Wayside School would finish first, but it actually came in 2nd.
Happy reading!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment