Sunday, February 2, 2014

Marshmallow Shapes and Football Product Deal

One of my favorite memories from middle school was making shapes out of gum drops and toothpicks. Well, after Thanksgiving I was left with several bags of marshmallows (see here for the reason why I used them then).  I decided that I would do the same with my students.  We made many different 2-D and 3-D shapes and the kids had a lot of fun!  Here are some pictures:


I found a free product from TPT to enhance this activity.

*FREE* Marshmallow Shapes! {Shape Building} 
I feel that this is a fun activity that can be adjusted for multiple grade levels!

Also...with tonight being the Super Bowl, I am placing my football product on sale for today - Tuesday at 50% off!  This product is perfect to use at either a math center, or if you make multiple copies and your entire class can play!  This partner game package includes a game board, and game pieces to practice the following skills:
-Addition
-Subtraction
-3 Addend Addition
-Fractions
-2-D & 3-D Shapes
-Telling Time to the hour
-Telling Time to the ½ hour
-Telling Time to the quarter hour
-Telling Time to 5 minutes
-Blank sheet for your own skill

That's 9 different games for $2!  I will give a free copy to the first 2 people who comment on this post (leave your e-mail).
 Football Math: Partner Games to Practice Math Skills
I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment