Monday, February 24, 2014

Classroom Update

We have been very busy in the classroom lately, so here are pictures of a few things that we have done...  I still feel like we are playing catch-up from our 6 days off of school due to ice/wind chill/snow in January.

Around Valentine's Day, we "sent hugs" to our friends and family who live far away.  I got the idea from a pin from Pinterest, but I needed to modify things a bit due to time.  The students traced each other, and then colored and wrote messages.  The kid really enjoyed drawing and writing to friends and family who live far away:)



As a school, we are celebrating February as being a month of friendship.  I gave each of my students in my class a buddy.  They had to come up with at least 3 things that they have in common and write about them on a heart.  Then, they got to draw themselves.  After that, I made it into a bulletin board (not my best one) with the somewhat famous (at least to those in scouts) poem about friendship.  I did not realize that the poem had this many verses!  Here is a picture:
Does anyone else celebrate "Friendship Month," and if so what do you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment