Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Families and Communities: Then & Now

Thanksgiving will soon be here! I don't know about you, but November has flown by!  I normally don't send a lot of homework over the holidays, but I came across this free product on TPT, I knew it would be the perfect thing for my 2nd graders to do while they are visiting with their families over the holiday.

Then and Now T-Chart Partner Project {FREEBIE}
It is listed as a partner project, but I plan on having students take home selected pages and interview an older family member to learn more about family/community life in the past.

I have a similar project for my 1st graders that a colleague of mine designed which focuses more on family life in the past.

Have you come across any great projects/lessons to help your students learn about family and community life in the past?  Thank goodness for Pinterest as it will give me a head start:)

No comments:

Post a Comment