Thursday, August 1, 2013

Time Travel Linky Party

I am linking up with
I {Heart} Recess
for her "Time Travel Linky."  Every year at the start of the year, I like to show my students what I looked like when I was their age:)  Being a child of the 80s, I always entertain my students with stories about what life was like when I was a kid without cell phones, the internet, etc.  :)  So, since I am currently expecting to teach 1st grade, here is a picture of me in 1st grade:)


Grade:  1st Grade
Year: 1985-1986
School: Resurrection School
Teacher: Mrs. Jackson
Favorites: grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup (still love it to this day), crayons (I had a crayon themed birthday party, and was a crayon for Halloween believe it or not:), playing in the woods in my backyard making forts
Memories: I remember getting to stay past lunch time and eating lunch at school with the big kids (K was 1/2 day for me).  In order to go to our cafeteria (K-8 school) we had to bundle up and go outside and walk 2 buildings over.  I also remember having a really bad case of the chicken pox.

I think that part of the reason that I am a teacher is that I loved elementary school so much!  :)


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Love that you were a Crayon for Halloween :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My obsession with school supplies started long ago...LOL :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I love tomato soup and grill cheese, my BFF still make this for each other when we visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One year in college, one of my friends worked in my dorm cafeteria as a cook. If it wasn't too busy and I was craving a sandwich he would make me one:)

      Delete
  3. I missed the end of first grade with the chicken pox. I'm so glad we don't have many cases of that any more!

    I'm loving this linky. Such fun!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was in January and my sister had it the following week so my mom was stuck at home for two weeks:( I agree about not having that too much anymore:)

      Delete
  4. Hi,

    I'd like to start by saying that your Blog looks great!!! My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you get to keep 70% of the profit. You can visit us at: http://www.resources4teaching.com/blog/

    If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete