Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Liebster Blogging Award

I am honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Blogging Award by fellow blogger Sharon Dudley from Teaching with Sight.  You should check out her blog if you have a chance as she is a National Board Certified Teacher and has some great ideas!  I am so excited to put the Liebster Blog Award sticker on the side of my blog!  Thank you so much Sharon!



I had never heard of this award, so when I researched it last night, I found out that it is to recognize blogs with fewer than 200 followers that deserve a look.

In the tradition of this award, I will follow the provided rules and nominate more blogs for this award.  And the blogs that I'm now nominating are asked to follow these same steps:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated you
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them


My answers:
1. What is your favorite room in your house, and why? I love my living room as I spend the most time there.
2. Where would you travel if money was no object? I have always wanted to go to Australia.
3. If you could rename yourself, what name would you pick? I don't think that I would.
4. What is your favorite fairytale, and which character in it do you like the best? I am not sure about this one.
5. When teaching, do you prefer using manipulatives, music, games, or books? I love using games when teaching!
6. If money was no object and you were building a school, what would you put into the building? I would use lots of technology, and well as make the rooms large enough so that kids don't feel crowded.
7. Which famous actor would you pick to have lunch with, if you could? I am not sure.
8. If you could be the lead in a musical, play, or TV show, what would you pick, and why?  I would choose a TV show as you can fix your mistakes.
9. Do you prefer wearing jeans, dress pants, or skirts? I love jeans!
10. What flower best represents you? I guess a Daisy.
11. If your life was made into a movie, would it be categorized as a comedy, romance, drama, or action movie? I would think a comedy.

My 11 Random Facts:
1. I love anything British (I studied abroad there and love going back)
2. I am very active with the Michigan State University Alumni Association
3. I thought that I wanted to be an upper elementary teacher, but once I started subbing, I found that lower elementary is a much better fit for me!
4. I love to travel
5. I love to read...so many books, so little time!
6. I love sports
7. I have been a blogger for many years, but only got active about 6 months ago
8. I just started a Facebook page for my blog
9. I love learning from other blogs
10. I love teaching math!
11. I have a cat named Britain.

I am nominating the following blogs:
Comprehension Connection




First Grade Fancy



Sweet Tea Classroom


 photo button2_zpsbb884308.png


My questions for those bloggers:
1. How do you spend your free time?
2. What is the best piece of teaching advice you ever got?
3. If you have to live in a different decade, which decade would you choose and why?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. Where would you travel if money was no object?
6. When teaching, do you prefer using manipulatives, music, games, or books?
7. If money was no object and you were building a school, what would you put into the building?
8.What is your funniest teaching memory?
9. What made you want to start a blog?
10. Who is you favorite teacher that you had growing up?
11. If you were not a teacher, what would you have been?

Nominees, don't forget to comment on this post with a link back to your blog post!  This is an excellent way to get more followers as we all discover blogs that are new to us!  :)  I know that there are so many blogging gems out there that I have yet to discover!




No comments:

Post a Comment