Friday, May 10, 2013

Adventure to Fitness

Today I came in and was told that there would not be a teacher for gym today as the gym teacher would be subbing for a classroom teacher that was absent.  So, I was prepared to have my class for the entire day and got my "Adventure to Fitness" on my computer ready to go (our computers can project onto the screen).  
If you don't already know about this site, I highly recommend it!  As it is perfect for the days when it is inside recess due to the weather (or in my case when you don't have a sub and you the kids need a break!  The episodes keep the kids moving as they climb up mountains, and do other fun things!

It is also great because it helps in teaching science and social studies concepts!  Episode titles include:
-Super Volcano
-Captive Castle
-Westward Whoa!
-Atlantis Aquaventure
-Hawaiin Hero

My kids love them!  Fortunately for me, they decided to pull the music teacher instead (unfortunate for the kindergarten teachers who both had music today and therefore did not have a break besides lunch).

18 more days to go!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the amazing write-up!

    Best,

    Corey

    Director of PR & Social
    Adventure to Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for a fabulous teaching resource! :)

      Delete