Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mrs. Stanford's Product Swap! :)

I had so much fun participating in Mrs. Stanford's Product Swap 4! 
MrsStanfordsClass
This was my 2nd swap and I was fortunate to be partnered up with Melissa from First Grade Smiles!

First Grade Smiles
In reviewing Melissa's blog, we have many things in common, including having taught multiple grade levels over the years.  :)

I was lucky to review her Common Core math product below:
First, I had to prep the centers which was very easy to do, simply print (and I chose to laminate), and cut.  Here is my cat Britain "helping me."  Whenever I bring laminating home, Britain has to check it out:)
Here is a sample of one of the matching games.  We are fairly restricted as to using the color printer at school, so I printed out the games on black and white paper. I then glued them on to colored paper so that kids could not see through to the back of the cards.  I color coded the games, so that in theory...all pieces should be in the correct bag:)

 Here is another place value game ready to be bagged up:)
 You can see that the kids can not see through the back of the cards so that it is fair.

 The fact sorts were perfect and are very easy to differentiate.  These are samples of facts with sums from 9-12.  Students had to sort the cards based on their answers.  As there are different levels, there is something appropriate for all 1st and 2nd graders!  Below is a sample.

Once I had them cut out, I placed each activity into a bag.
 
Melissa also was kind enough to provide assessment sheets for the various games and activities! As we are very restricted in the use of copy paper at our school, I put them in dry erase sleeves so that students can reuse them with dry erase markers and socks to erase.
 
 Here are some pictures of my students learning and having fun with Melissa's wonderful product!





My 1st graders loved these games!  I give Melissa's product 
and my students give her the same review as well!  They are very excited to play her games and work on the activities during math time!  Thank you Melissa!

Melissa and I are having a Rafflecopter for this product swap!  Enter now for the possibility of winning all 3 products in our product swap!  You can see it here:
a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments:

  1. Ellen - it was so great working with you!!! Thanks so much for the kind words and amazing review. I'm so happy your students had fun playing the games and that they gave me two thumbs up as well :)

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great working with you as well! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the math products!!

    Crystal Shepherd
    lucytumnus@gmail.com
    The lamppost in 1st grade math

    ReplyDelete