Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Extra Day Off=Contest

I got today off unexpectedly due to some confusion at the nearby high school this morning.  We don't get too many snow days around here, so this was a blessing in many ways!  First, one of my living room lights decided to burn out last night.  I didn't think that having one light missing would make such a difference!  So, once I enjoyed my coffee, I went out and purchased 4 new bulbs that are supposed to last me at least 6 years.  I am so proud of myself for installing them on my own as I am not very tall, and have very high ceilings:)

After I finished changing the lights, I did use my time wisely in working on report cards.  I thankfully brought home a lot of report card stuff last night to work on.  Just have math and spelling to go...yay! 

I have heard about Erin Condren planners for a while and decided that I had some time to research them today.  You can click on the picture to see what I am talking about.


Anyway, I decided that I would not want to spend that much (roughly $50) on a planner that is not exactly what I would want to make my life easier.  So I then got distracted by making myself my own planner for next year.  Now, I do plan ahead (but generally not that far ahead:)  Although, when I was in college I did plan my sophomore -senior years in advance and walked into my adviser's office and she said that I was set.  I would like to think that I have settled down a bit since then!

 The grade/lesson book includes the following sections:
-Cover (add your own personality to it with a picture of your family or a pet)
-August-June Calendar that can be used any year (you can make a July if neebe)
-Curriculum map
-Parent contact log
-Classroom volunteer log
-Student information forms
-Daily plans at a glance
-Guided math plans
-Literacy center plans
-Shared reading plans
-Grade book for multiple subject areas (currently set at 29 students but you can add or subtract from that)

This is fully customizable by you...you can add/delete columns as needed, and change colors, fonts, etc. :) There are not dates on anything so you can print and reuse this year after year!

The following are pictures from it:




 







I am willing to give this away to the first two people who can answer this question correctly:
Which college am I a HUGE fan of (hence all of the green and white which I put on my planner along with my favorite mascot this year:)?
A. Tulane Green Wave 
B. Marshall Thundering Herd
C. Michigan State Spartans

Make sure to include your e-mail address!  If you are interested in purchasing this customizable lesson planning and grade book, you can purchase it in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for Michigan bloggers! Glad to find you as well! I am going with Michigan State and Sparty. I am a fellow Spartan if that is the case.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    langjjess@msu.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I originally was going to go with Tulane Green Wave..because of the beachy theme...But I gotta go with Sparty too. Even though I went to Ferris. ( Go Bulldogs) I still love that Spartan Warrior too. LOL!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade
    robinsonj@ccabr.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you both! I LOVE MSU:)

    ReplyDelete