Saturday, January 5, 2013

What did they say Wednesday?

A Turn to Learn is hosting this "What did they Say Wednesday?" linky party.  This is for teachers to share the funny things that kids say. You can join by visiting her site above too:)

I could not pass this linky party up as I find that kids really do say the funniest things.  This is one of the things that I love about my job...I never know what the kids are going to say/do each day:)

These 2 stories are several years old, to be honest one is more than 10 years old.  But I remember both to this day:)

Story #1: I was subbing in a kindergarten classroom.  They had computers at the beginning of that day after attendance, etc.  The kids were supposed to do this math program to practice their addition skills.  The computer would ask them a question, and give them several choices.  This little girl had her headphones on, and probably had no clue that I could hear her.  Well, the computer asked her something like, "What is 4+4?" and she counted on her fingers and got the wrong answer.  Well, the computer must have said something about it being incorrect.  So she said aloud, "I guess my fingers aren't awake yet this morning."  It was so cute:)

Story #2: This was just a couple of years ago.  I was teaching a 1st/2nd split (and it was my first time teaching 1st grade outside of student teaching).    It was about a week into the new school year and a little girl from my class came up to me and said, "Miss C., 1st grade is soooo much better than kindergarten."  Hearing this, I really wondered what I was doing as she had an awesome K teacher.  So, I asked her why.  Her response, "I got paper cuts in kindergarten but I don't get them in 1st grade."  She was so cute:)  I doubt that she would have said that to me later in the year...LOL:)

4 comments:

  1. Even years later both of these stories are hysterical!!! And now I know why I get paper cuts all the time... I always teach kindergarten! Perhaps if I were in 1st I would get them as much! Lol!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the laughs of both teachers and students in elementary school classrooms:)

      Delete
  2. How adorable!!!! I love reading these stories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to be of help:) You can join this linky party too if you would like:)

      Delete