Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Southeast Michigan Teacher Meetup/End of School Year

I tried to plan a meetup about a month back and had not much luck.  The good news is, there is one being planned:)  I am not the planner though.  You can read more about the Northville meetup here.

I am so excited to meet with other teachers (besides those in my district)!

It is hard to believe that there are only 2.5 more days to go in this school year!  We have been having a lot of fun the last few weeks!

Yesterday was beach reading day where we went outside to do "read to self" and "read to someone."   The students enjoyed bringing their towels to do so.

Today we were fortunate to visit the local public library which is down the street from our school.  The kids really enjoyed it I think as many did not seem to know about it.  I found it interesting as it is a public library that receives no public funding.  They were so sweet there and even sent every teacher (we went in 2 classes at a time) home with a bag of several books for the classroom.

Tomorrow will be "pajama/movie day."  We read the book Padington Bear earlier this year and the kids really liked it.  So, I bought the dvd set of the old TV show and the kids are looking forward to that.  I also bought the 30th Anniversary Edition of Schoolhouse Rock.

Thursday will be "game day" where students are able to bring in their favorite board/card games from home.  I remind them that if it is a truly special game it should be left at home.

We've also been working on finishing up our Robert McCloskey lapbook.  I hope to post pictures of that soon.

2.5 more day...I can do it, I can do it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment