Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to School:)

My school has been under renovations all summer.  I was able to get back into my classroom last week, and with EVERYTHING boxed up, I saw this as the perfect time to rearrange my room as I have not done that in several years!  I highly recommend Debbie Dillers' "Spaces and Place: Designing Classrooms for Literacy" as it is very helpful in the design process in my opinion!
I didn't get rid of too many pieces of furniture, but just rearranging it I feel will make all of the difference in the world!  Of course, I also have to thank my building computer tech who did such a nice job of moving the 4 classroom computers that I have to a much better location along the back wall of my classroom!

As of today, most of boxes are un-packed and my bulletin boards are up (pictures to come soon) so I am ready to start planning for the year!  For any new teachers out there, make a curriculum map...it makes your life throughout the year so much easier!  I have mine good to go, now I just need to find out specials times, etc. to really start planning the first week (next week) of school:)

Tomorrow is my first official day back for professional development, and then I will have some more time in my classroom as well:)  I am looking forward to a fantastic year with my new 1st and 2nd graders!

No comments:

Post a Comment