Saturday, June 11, 2011

Warm and Fuzzy Way to End the School Year

Yesterday was the last day of school for my 1st grade class.  Although I will miss them, I am very excited about the start of summer vacation!  I will be teaching summer school for part of the summer, as well as tutoring a few students as well.

To end the school year, the class got into a circle (as best as we could in a packed up classroom due to moving and construction).  I had a basket of little fuzzy craft balls (you can get them at a craft store or Walmart).  I started off by saying something I liked (personality/character trait wise) about a student that is switching schools next year and gave her a "warm and fuzzy" ball.  She then chose a ball and told another child why she chose them.  We did this until everyone had a "warm and fuzzy" ball.  I think that this was an excellent way to end the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment