Thursday, May 19, 2011

End of the Year Ideas

As the end of the year approaches, I am working on planning for the next few weeks. Due to construction, I am challenged in that my entire room needs to be packed up (including my closet) by when the students leave on the last day of school in a few weeks.  In order to do this, I am planning several end of year activities that require minimum materials.
  • Bring your favorite board/card game from home day
  • Read outside (can be used over multiple days, and students can even bring a beach towel)
  • Readers' Theater
  • "All About 1st Grade" Memory/Autograph books
  • "Student Resumes" to introduce themselves to their new teacher next year
  • Allowing students 10-15 minutes to teach the class about something that they are experts at

No comments:

Post a Comment